Thursday, September 4, 2008

the work of faith

In church lately we have been talking about how best to be a member missionary. This is honestly not my strongest point. I truly believe in the gospel and I lead my life by its teachings, but when it comes to sharing I am more concerned about keeping my friends than spreading the word. Which, if you think about it is incredibly short-sighted because if I truly love my friends then I want them to be with me in heaven (provided I make it which, lets face it, is a long shot most days!).
Anyway, regardless it is something I would like to improve about myself. As I was reading a friend's blog today I was thoroughly impressed by his ability to unabashedly bear his testimony to his friends and blog readers. It was so amazing that I thought my friends should read it too! http://www.whiteeyebrows.com/why-i-choose-to-be-religious/ I just hope he doesn't shoot me for sharing.
So as you read through his account, just pretend you can hear me talking. He managed to say exactly how I feel about the gospel but in a way far more eloquent than I would ever manage.

3 comments:

WhiteEyebrows said...

BANG! Consider yourself shot! :)

On the contrary, thanks for the kind words. Glad you enjoyed it.

Heather said...

I have the exact same problem. I guess we'll just try to do better together!

Tyler said...

You need to give yourself a little more credit. Everyone has a unique voice. It is important to find it. :-)