Monday, February 2, 2009

marker mania

Sundays are the longest day of the week for our family. Mostly it is because John has all of his meetings for high council and has to visit other wards- which means I am on my own with the boys all day. I'm not complaining, it is just how it is.
Anyway, when John got home around 2 yesterday he went upstairs to take a nap because we had all had a long weekend and he had been up since 6am. I set the kids up at the table with paper, safety scissors and markers so they could make light sabers to their hearts' content then laid down on the sofa so I could put my feet up. I, of course, promptly fell asleep. When I woke up about 45 minutes later, the house was in pandemonium. The boys who were arguing over who got to use the tape dispenser, had cut several pieces of construction paper into little tiny bits which were strewn all over the kitchen table and floor. Under the paper the table was covered in red marker, James had apparently run out of paper had continued to create masterpieces without it. As I was drying James' hands off after scrubbing them to try and wash off some of the "washable" marker, I noticed that he had marker all over his feet as well.
"James, honey, what did you do to your feet?"
James looked guiltily down at his ruby colored toes, "I'm sorry Mommy, I was trying to trace my feet with the maw-kers and I couldn't do it right."
I searched the floor for any James sized marker footprints but am happy to say this experiment must have happened before he ran out of paper.
Whew! Sunday makes me tired! Or maybe it is the two kids...

2 comments:

Meeker home said...

Couldn't agree more. There is just no way you can let your guard down for a moment and think you are going to get away with it. Thank goodness for 'washable' markers!

Generational stitcher said...

I think it's the combo...Sundays are just plain hard...I usually come home and crash too...it's harder now that I have to feed everyone first ...