Sunday, March 2, 2008

tribute to Mr. Darcy

As much as I hate to admit this, I am a hopeless romantic - always have been, always will be. So it stands to reason that one of my favorite authors is Jane Austen.

Since January, Masterpiece Theater on PBS has been doing a tribute to Jane Austen by bringing all of her books to life. They have created new movies for each of the books except Pride and Prejudice (my favorite) for which they chose to show the incomparable A&E version with Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth. I have seen the Kiera Knightly film that came out in theaters a few years ago and while it was well done and I actually like some of the actors better in it than in the A&E film, no one can match Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy. Heck, in my mind, he is Mr. Darcy. So for all of you doubters out there, one look should convince you. If it doesn't, give me a call and I will loan you my DVD set of the A&E Pride and Prejudice, after you've seen it you will agree, Colin Firth is the one and only Mr. Darcy.





1 comment:

Stevens1007 said...

Erin, I couldn't agree with you more! I also own the A&E version of Pride & Prejudice, & I absolutely LOVE Colin Firth as Mr.Darcy!