Friday, January 22, 2010

cooking follow up

For those of you who asked, here is the basic menu.  We only planned out the main course for each day then I do whatever side/vegi/fruit (Ok, not so many vegis) I feel like making.

Week 1
Sun:  steak or chicken nuggets
Mon:  chicken stir fry
Tues:  pizza
Wed:  cheese steaks
Thur:  chicken cutlets/chicken parm
Fri:  tacos
Sat:  free choice (eat out, sandwiches, pancakes or french toast)

Week 2

Sun:  chicken enchiladas
Mon:  london broil
Tues:  pizza or leftovers
Wed:  chicken cheese steaks
Thur:  steak fajitas (using leftover london broil)
Fri:  grilled cheese sandwiches
Sat:  free choice

Week 3

Sun:  pot roast
Mon:  spaghetti and meatballs
Tues:  pizza or leftovers
Wed:  meatball sandwiches
Thur:  pork chops
Fri:  meatloaf
Sat: free choice

Week 4

Sun:  ham
Mon:  sloppy joes
Tues:  pizza or leftovers
Wed:  grinders (these are baked hoagies)
Thur:  chicken and rice casserole
Fri:  grilled burgers or hot dogs
Sat:  free choice

Like I said, it is very basic for my picky eaters.  I am planning on adding new dishes and mixing things around as the kids get used to eating whatever I put in front of them.  I have been pleasantly surprised by a few things that the boys enjoyed.  Samuel LOVED the cheese steaks and the chicken enchiladas.  Who knew?!  I am more than willing to share recipies for any of these.  It has been fun learning some new ways to make some family standards and experimenting to make some smaller amounts so that we aren't overwhelmed by leftovers.

No comments: