I tried silly:
Here are a few highlights and some things we have learned over the last ten years:
- Don't agree to do "a little" rapelling with Jared (especially the day before your wedding!). Little to Jared means off a 250 ft cliff.
- Erin is crazy on birth control pills- HUGE apology to everyone who knew me the first year John and I were married, those things have way too much hormones for me and I become a complete basket case on them! I think I may have scares some of my college friends away from the whole marriage thing. So, listen up! Marriage is good! Seriously good!
- Being fiscally ultra conservative is a good thing, honest. John has been trying to get me to believe this since the day we married. I'm almost convinced... some of the time... I guess. =)
- You can take the girl out of Utah but the boy isn't budging from Delaware County.
It is a good thing I love the area!
- Having siblings live with you can be fun- for a short period of time - like a day. (Just kidding Ty and Becca and Jared and Steph- come back soon, we miss you!)
- Kids are amazing and fun and sweet and wonderful and exhausting and crazy and all sorts of things we never imagined.
- Take the number of kids you would like to have and subtract one. Daddy is the biggest kid of all!
I can't believe how quickly the last 10 years have flown by! At moments I am surprised we haven't killed each other. But mostly, just like the song I sang to John at our reception, "I wouldn't change a thing that happened on my way to you," I wouldn't change a thing about the last 10 years because I love where we are right now and wouldn't risk losing that for anything.
But really, the best thing to say is:
Wow! Ten years down, an eternity to go. I can't wait!!