Wednesday, August 26, 2009

knowing and stuff

John and I signed up for Netflix (finally!) on Saturday. We have been enjoying the instant view movies especially since we can stream them through the XBOX 360 and watch them on tv instead of the computer. Yesterday we got an actual dvd in the mail: Knowing starring Nicholas Cage. Ok so Nicholas Cage is not my favorite actor. The only movies I actually like him in are the National Treasure movies and Raising Arizona. The rest of the time I feel like he has about as much animation as a corpse.
Anyway, Knowing was the most horrible movie I have seen in a very long time. It started with a great concept -although a little on the gruesome side- and was on its way to being a good thriller, then they brought in the aliens. Oh. My. Goodness. It was like at some point the writer just ran out of ideas and decided to fall back on the default. When all else fails, blame it on the aliens. YAWN! Then they killed off the main characters. Has this writer never seen or read a good story before? Pathetic. So just in case you were thinking about renting this movie, save yourself the money and precious time, don't.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I SO agree...we were totally into the first half of the movie and then it felt like they attached the second half of some random movie into it...what in the world! I couldn't believe I wasted 2 hours of my precious time for that....

Kate Edmondson said...

We saw a movie like that once! Andy's response was something along the lines of, "When the aliens arrive, you know the storywriters wrote themselves into a corner. Aliens defy all natural laws, so you can make anything happen."