Friday, June 27, 2008

good days, bad days

I really like my life and for the most part every day is a good day despite the challenges that may arise. Every once in a while though, I have a bad day. Yesterday was a bad day. I yelled at the kids too much, got frustrated with packing the house, didn't get anything accomplished that I had set out to do, spent money I shouldn't have and then freaked out at John when he asked a simple question about it. I ended up in my room curled up in the fetal position sobbing over who knows what, wishing that the day were over. It was the kind of day that John wanted to drop-kick me after only 5 minutes of being home from work. Heck, I wanted to drop-kick myself, wish I could have too. Sometimes the hormones or the depression or the lack of sleep or maybe just the wrong cosmic energy sets me off and I could use a good kick in the butt to snap me out of it.

Lucky for me I have a husband who is starting to figure out how I tick. After taking the kids out for a little walk to give me some space, he brought them back and must have prompted them because they gave me a big hug and begged me to go on a bike ride with them. Maybe it was the fresh air or maybe just getting some endorphines going, but my bad day was instantly good again. We ended up having a fun and relaxed evening together.

I think the east coast is starting to rub off on me. My emotions have become like the weather: wait 5 minutes, it will change.


2 comments:

International Tease said...

Thank goodness you have such a great husband!

Generational stitcher said...

Oh yea...I know those days...right now that is how most of my days are! Hang in there! At least it always eventually passes :)