Thursday, April 3, 2008

Star Wars at the Franklin Institute

John took the week off to spend time with me and the boys. Yesterday we went to the Star Wars exhibit at the Franklin Institute. It was really cool! I can't believe how much of a Star Wars dork I am.
The exhibit had costumes, props, droids and even a landspeeder from all of the movies. In addition they had hands-on displays where you could build your own settlement, see what it feels like to drive a landspeeder, create and even program your own droid. The boys lasted about an hour - which is good considering James was starving and it was way past dinner time. I think the gift shop was the boys' favorite part. For any of you Star Wars fanatics out there, go see it, before it goes to another galaxy far, far away!






3 comments:

Generational stitcher said...

Looks like you guys had a BLAST! Thanks again for taking care of us yesterday!

Becca said...

I hear ya - I'm a total star wars nerd :)

Danielle said...

I bet you $100 John goes back on his own to really take in all if the exhibit...does he still have all his Star Wars stuff? I knew for Christmas every year you could ALWAYS count on something Star Wars for them.