I decided to follow the lead of my friends and post a few things you may not know about me.
1. I come from a large family. I am the youngest of 5 kids but I have 5 step siblings (one deceased) from my step dad and 3 from my step mom.
2. I am obsessed with all things Russian.
3. I idolize my older sisters.
4. I love performing on stage but I still get nervous every time!
5. I hated living in Utah and swore I would never live there again... now I really wouldn't mind.
6. I think my husband is way too good for me.
7. I love to travel. So far I have only been to Russia, Italy, Bermuda, Jamaica, and all over the US and Canada.
8. I miss living in Russia. It was bleak and cold and miserable but absolutely fascinating and I loved it!
9. I never wanted to be a stay-at-home mom and now I can hardly imagine being anything else.
10. I believe I have the most amazing mom on the planet and hope I can be like her.
11. Contrary to how it is in most fairy tales, I have a step father and a step mother and I adore them both.
12. I used to believe I could do anything, now I'm a realist.
13. My hands shake when I am nervous. ( I actually tried to learn how to play the cello but had an intimidating teacher and the set up of the class included lots of solo performances in front of him. My hands shook so bad that no matter how much I practiced I always played horribly in class because I couldn't keep my hands from shaking.)
14. I talk to myself... frequently.
15. I love dogs and hate cats but I'm allergic to both.
16. I actually do miss high school - or at least some aspects of it.
17. I miss pretty much everything about college!
18. I was waiting for a missionary when I got engaged to John. I still feel bad about that.
19. I am a sucker for Mustangs (the car not the horse). It is a long standing joke that I married John for his car...it's not true by the way.
20. I had a love/hate relationship with dating. I am very glad to be married.
21. I love my kids even though they drive me batty.
22. I have a monster of a temper.
23. I am a voracious reader.
24. I love Thai food but if we're talking comfort food than it is Taco Time all the way. My dad owned a Taco Time when I was a kid.
25. I wish I had lived in England in the late 1800s-early 1900's or in the middle ages.
26. I really miss singing with my a'capella group in college. I end up arranging songs in my head when I listen to the radio.
27. I love watching football.
28. I hate cooking and am not great at it, but I love baking.
29. I love to dance. I grew up taking modern dance with a little ballet and tap. I learned to swing dance in high school and college and that is my favorite.
30. I hate being cold and would rather be in 120 degree heat than in the snow.
31. I do not have that decorating gene that so many Mormon women seem to have. All of the rooms in my house have been painstakingly done and redone until I felt like they were adequate.
32. I love details. I notice specific details about a room or an outfit or a person before I take in the whole thing.
33. I think my little James has the cutest smile ever!
34. My favorite thing about Samuel is that he has an incredible imagination and he is not afraid to be himself.
35. My most favorite thing in the world is snuggling with my husband and our two sweet boys.
So there you are! 35 things you never knew (or never wanted to know) about me. How about you?