Monday, September 24, 2007

a day of peace

Yesterday I had the most remarkable day - it was completely peaceful. I woke up on time to get myself and the boys ready for choir practice and church. There was no feeling of rush or stream of complaints from the boys, just a steady flow of calm around all of us. Even the 20-25 minute drive through the city (surrounded by the country's worst drivers) to get to church didn't phase me. Choir practice started late -as usual- and although I made a mental note to send emails to remind everyone to be on time, it didn't bother me. My whole day went like that. Things that normally would bother me or cause mild frustration didn't even register. I even took care of a friend's son during sacrament meeting along with my own two boys and enjoyed it.
Why, you may ask, was this such a remarkable day? Because I can't even remember the last time I felt this kind of peace, much less an entire day! It feels like for the last few years I or someone in my family has been in crisis. Be it Tracy in Iraq or Keri and I diagnosed with depression, Jared job hunting, the kids, various illnesses, whatever, there was always something burning in the back of my consciousness, knawing at my well-being and energy. Yesterday, all of that was gone. I was wrapped in a coccoon of peace. I don't know how else to describe it but remarkable. I'm hoping for another such day sometime soon...

No comments: