Monday, July 30, 2007

house shopping

We are planning on putting our house on the market next spring so we have begun testing the waters in Wallingford,PA (where we want to end up) to see if there is anything that would work for us. I am a little overwhelmed by the whole idea. We have a ton of work to do on our house to get it ready to be shown and we are very picky about what we want in our new house. We want something in the Strathaven-Wallingford school district - that includes Wallingford, Swarthmore, South Media and anywhere else in Nether Providence. We would love a 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bathroom house with a master suite, nice kitchen, living room, dining room, family room and a fenced in back yard. It needs to be somewhere closer to John's work but we would prefer it is in the Broomall 2nd ward boundries. I told you we are picky! :) I would love a new construction but the taxes are generally too high so we are looking for something that has been recently refurbished.
We are going to look at a house today in Wallingford. It actually fits most of the desired qualifications, but it is a little more than we had wanted to spend so who knows. I am excited but frustrated at the same time. I get attached to houses when I see them. I am actually redecorating as I walk through and tend to set me heart on the each new house we look at. It took us forever to decide on the house we live in now. I can only imagine how much harder it is going to be to pick out a house where we will most likely spend the majority of the rest of our lives. Crazy!

No comments: