Saturday, May 16, 2009

confinement

You know how in the old days when a girl got pregnant and was sent away from friends and family only to return after the baby was born? I finally get it. It was not because the family was ashamed. Oh no! They were actually sparing the poor girl from the embarrassment of growing big and fat in front of all of the people she knows. And confinement? You know, that last month of pregnancy when they would shut the woman in a dark room? It was just to spare her the necessity of finding clothing that would fit over her bloated belly.
Case in point: I have a pair of pajama pants that look and fit better on me than anything else in my wardrobe at the moment. However, if I wore them every day to the grocery store and the mall and to church I would get some odd looks. If I were sent away to the middle of nowhere for the duration of the pregnancy or at the very least didn't have to go anywhere for the last month, it wouldn't matter if I just sat around in my pjs all day.
If you can't tell, I have hit the point where I am DONE being pregnant! I am tired of feeling like a beached whale and sick of the incredulous expressions on people's faces when I tell them I have three more months to go. Yesterday I was thinking I would put myself in exile until I have had this baby. Either that or you might just see me wandering around in my pajama pants, regardless of how sloppy it looks...

Sigh!

Thanks for letting me vent. =) I promise, the next blog will be more upbeat.

4 comments:

Stevens1007 said...

HAHA! I feel the same way! Maybe, they could just put together a colony of pregnant women due around the same time. That way we'd still get social interaction, but we would feel like we look normal!

WhiteEyebrows said...

Hang in there!!

Anonymous said...

Aw, hang in there, honey. You look radiant when I saw you this morning, and your belly looked perfect! So there! :)

International Tease said...

You can come visit me! I won't care if you wear your pjs all the time, and my washer/dryer combo is so small it would probably be a full load of laundry!