Sunday, January 27, 2008

MyHoney

I've been tagged so here you go...

This picture is from the day after we got engaged. We had just been on a 4 mile hike.

How long have you been together? We started dating spring semester of my sophmore year in college (1999), married in 2000.

How long did you date? We dated for 6 months and then got engaged, then I left for a semester of study abroad in Russia. We were married 2 weeks after I got back.

How old is he? 35 going on 4 1/2. Just kidding!

Who eats more? It depends on the day. He can down junk food better than me unless you are talking about ice cream.

Who said "I love you first?" I did!

Who is taller? John, by about 2 inches.

Who sings better? Me. John's family is not known for their singing ability.

Who is smarter? John by far!! Although we have different areas in which we excel. He is more of a math and science guy, I am more of a music and literature person.

Who does the laundry? Me, most of the time.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do, unless I am pregnant and then John does... I have no idea why.

Who pays the bills? John. I tried once when we were first married but John had a fairly complicated system he used and I forgot to transfer the money from our savings account and ended up bouncing all the checks. Since then I am on probation and only pay the bills under strict supervision. =)

Who mows the lawn? Either of us depending on who is less busy or less tired.

Who cooks dinner? I do most of the time... when we actually cook. However, when we first got married John did all of the cooking because I was so bad at it I burned spaghetti.

Who is most stubborn? I would argue that John is. He would argue that I am.

Who kissed who first? John kissed me. It took him two weeks of dating to work up the courage! We got home from a night of swing dancing and he walked me to my dorm and kissed me goodnight. I had to sit down afterward before I could climb the three flights of stairs to my dormroom.

Who asked who out? John called me the day I got to school for spring semester (we met over Thanksgiving break but had not dated at that point) and invited me to go out. Then he was two hours late for our date. I was starving and not particularly happy. He didn't even call to let me know he was on his way. Good thing he is so cute and charming! I guess the whole "I was busy saving people's lives" excuse helped too.

Who proposed? John did. I drove him out to Snow Canyon in my step-dad's pickup truck to go star gazing after we watched a play at Tuachan. He had put together a scrapbook of all the places we had been on dates and where we first met. I was so excited I didn't even give him a chance to put the ring on me. I did it myself.

Who is more sensitive? John is laughing at this question, I am by far! I cry over everything!!

Who has more friends? We both have friends that we keep in touch with from college and a few from high school. We hang out with couples for the most part now so we are probably have about the same amount.

Who has more siblings? Are we talking biological or step siblings? Well, either way, I have more.

Who wears the pants in this relationship? Samuel... at least he thinks he's the boss. Really, I think we take turns.

Who are you going to tag? anyone and everyone.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

No singing talent, hello don't you remember Dave's hit CD a few years back? That number one album must have slipped your mind...cute answers though!

Kate Edmondson said...

Wow, Erin, John looks really different in that picture, but you still look like your same self!