Friday, January 4, 2008

my boys

Today was one of those days that I kept wondering, "Why in the world did I have kids?!?" The boys were in rare form today. The day started with a mad dash through the grocery store where I think they were pretending that all of the people and displays were obstacles on an obstacle course. Well, either that or they just kept trying to run away from me and ran into people and carts in the process. Luckily they didn't break anything. Unfortunately our time at home wasn't any better. They stole toys from each other, threw tantrums over the smallest of difficulties and aside from the regular hitting, kicking, calling names and pushing each other they decided to include me in the fun as well. My only peaceful time in the day was while Sam was at school and James was taking a nap! You can imagine that by 5;00 (well actually by about 8:30 in the morning) I was more than ready for John to come home.
When John finally did make it home (after 6:00 - he had a long day too) he gave me a big hug and turned on some upbeat music. He then proceeded to dance around the kitchen (head banging and everything) getting the kids to join him and eventually even pulling me into the silliness. We were all laughing by the time we sat down to dinner and the tension and frustration in the air was gone. This is one of the things I love most about John; he can always make me laugh. On days like today when I really need it I remember that this ability is one of the reasons I married him.

No comments: