Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of 2nd Grade

Today is Samuel's first day of 2nd grade.  He is excited but super nervous.  I have heard great things about his teacher though and he is my little social schmoozer so I know he'll be fine.  We all took him to the bus stop this morning and then took pictures with our neighbors.  Matt from next door is starting 1st grade this year and Michael will be at Kindergarten with James.


I took James to meet his teacher today and see his classroom.  It had the bare essentials and compared to Sam's kindergarten class, it was totally boring.  His teacher was cold and seemed somewhat bugged by the kids- like she didn't even want to deal with them.  I have an awful feeling about her and am debating options for what I am going to do.  Does anyone know if TKP allows for teacher changes?  I am so concerned I am even debating homeschool.  Ack!

1 comment:

Jill said...

If you could only be a fly on the wall during class! Yikes - no fun being a mom trying to figure out what's best for your kids. I found out 3/4 through Melanie's 1st grade year that she was so scared of her teacher, she was afraid to ask to sharpen her pencil. She was writing with nubs! (Her classmates felt the same way - I asked them.) I felt awful, but she survived and the next year got the nicest teacher in 2nd grade. My only advice is talk to other parents with older kids to find out about the teacher, and communicate as much as you can with the teacher. Good luck!