I didn't have my act together early enough this year to send a letter out with our card so here is what I would have sent...
David Letterman's Top 10 Crazy Things the Traverso Family Has Been Up To This Year:
10. Jack-of-all-trades-John learned that while pruning trees is not as difficult as it seems, getting rid of the resulting loose branches takes far more ingenuity. If it hadn't been for Erin's dad's help and the threat of actually- gasp- paying to have the branches removed, our back yard would still be an obstacle course. You will be happy to hear it is safe to send your children over to play now.
9.Following in his father's footsteps, Samuel, 6, took on the wonderful world of wrestling. He won a whopping 1 match but smiled his way through each and every pin. When questioned on his feelings about wrestling Samuel replied, "Well... I don't like it as much as I like school." That, ladies and gentlemen, says it all!
8. In June, the entire Traverso clan (plus a Winch, an Andrus and a trio of Clarks) invaded Myrtle Beach, SC. While natives were in hiding for the infamous week, the Traverso's managed to enjoy the water park, the beach and the amusement park without leaving too much damage behind. And John would like to remind all of you that he and James won the go-kart race, in case you forgot.
7. James, 4, became aquainted with the wonderful world of preschool this year. He releases Mommy from his custody for three mornings a week so that he can learn his letters and make crafts with the best of them. Upon discovering how much he loves school, James accused Mom, "Hey, how come you didn't send me to school last year?!"
6. Samuel took the world, or at least Nether Providence Elementary School, by storm this year as he entered first grade. He is bright, well behaved and adored by his teachers who actually requested that we send more sweet boys their way. I don't think they will be expecting James (our little mischief maker with the angelic smile)!
5. John finally had a restful Sunday. Just one though. Right after he was released as a high counselor the Stake Presidency called him as stake clerk. We are still shaking our heads over that one! I think they just wanted an excuse to have him nearby so they can keep their eye on him! =)
4. Erin proved that she can do more than one thing at a time when she answered the call to be the new stake music chair mid-Messiah rehearsals. She showed that she can hold a baby, run a rehearsal and sing in tune (or close enough) all at the same time! Who knew?
3. Samuel almost became the newest inmate at the zoo. In the first grade play, "Animotion," Samuel was a seal. He bobbed his head and clapped his flippers with the best of them! His seal impersonation was so lifelike that zoo keepers were actually called. Luckily we were able to persuade them that he is a pet. =)
2. James has become the foremost expert on Christmas music. Between practicing the songs for his preschool Christmas program and singing along with Mommy and the radio, James can sing and do the action for almost any Christmas song. You should see this kid in action!
And the number one craziest thing we, the Traverso family, did this year was...
ADDED TO OUR RANKS!
Matthew Ryan was born on August 7th. He looks almost identical to his brother James' baby pictures except for one thing: Matthew is growing at record breaking speed. At four months he was 16lbs and 2oz. He is already in training to be the next big linebacker for the Eagles as they so deperately need one! We have already struck a deal as we know the coach! =)
Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a fabulous New Year!
John, Erin, Samuel, James and Matthew