Thursday, June 21, 2007

Seashells

I have neglected my blog lately due to a fun little "trip" to Myrtle Beach. John had a CME conference there so the kids and I decided to tag along. It was a lot of fun!
It is hard to protest spending a week in a comfortable villa, laying on the beach, and playing with the kids at a water park and amusement park. I also spent some of the time with the kids looking for seashells and shark's teeth on the beach. I realized as I was collecting shells that the ones that most interested me were not the perfect, complete shells. The shells that caught my eye were the beautiful shards worn to a polished sheen or small pieces of what you could tell used to be large, unusual shells. I don't know why I am a sucker for these broken bits of shell other than that they leave so much open to the imagination. I like creating my own story of where they came from and how they ended up in broken pieces on the beach.
I'm sure not everyone spends that much time thinking about seashells. Maybe it was the soothing sound of the ocean that put me in such a contemplative mood. Or maybe I am suffering from sunstroke.

No comments: