Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Every year I plan to type up a clever, pithy note to accompany our Christmas cards to our friends and family across the country and every year it just does not happen.  So here's my back up...

2010 has been a year of firsts for us:

Samuel, 2nd grade, started piano lessons (which he loves!), performed for the first time in his school's variety show and offers mini concerts for anyone who visits our home.  He is also reading up a storm and continuing to play soccer in his free time.

James, Kindergarten, participated in his first ever art class- complete with art show.  He is loving school and spends lots of time working on his reading and math skills, drawing pictures of anything and everything, and playing soccer.

Matthew had his first birthday in August and he covered lots of those usual major firsts leading up to it:  sitting, eating table food, playing with toys, tackling his brothers... the walking came a couple of months later- during another first:

We took the kids to Walt Disney World!!  It was a first for me ( I had never been further south than Myrtle Beach, SC) and for the kids.  John had been years ago when he was a kid.  It was an amazing trip and I promise I will finish blogging about it now that the holidays are almost over.  In the meantime, check out some of the previous posts.

John is keeping busy with work and is still serving as the stake clerk at church.  This was the first season since Sam started soccer that John didn't coach.  He enjoyed watching from the sidelines.

As for me, I spend a lot of time chasing after the boys!  =)  In November I was asked to serve in the Relief Society presidency at church and after surviving my third Messiah production, was released from my stake duties.  Whew!

We send lots of love to all of our family and friends out there and send hopes for a healthy and happy new year!

No comments: